CANSail Instructor Training Clinics are scheduled and delivered by Provincial Sailing Associations. Please contact your PSA regarding clinic schedules, locations, and registration.
- Instructors & Coaches
- CANSail Dinghy Instructor
- CANSail Windsurf Instructor
- Development Coaches
- Learning Facilitators
- National Coaching Certification Program (NCCP)
- Keelboat & Cruising Instructor
- Power Instructor
- Navigation Instructor
- PCOC Instructor
- ROC(M) Instructors
- Find an Instructor/Coach
- Mental Health Resources
- Disciplinary Hearings & Actions
Prerequisites for the Windsurfing Instructor Clinics:
- Must be 16 years of age in the calendar year of the clinic
- Pleasure Craft Operators Card (PCOC)
- Standard First Aid & CPR (Standard First Aid & CPR) issued by a nationally recognized first aid provider
- Sail Canada Boat Safety Course (*ONLY IF YOU ARE USING A COACH BOAT TO INSTRUCT, still recommended)
- CANSail Fundamental Course
LTSD Online Module
All Sail Canada Dinghy Instructors & Coaches are required to complete this free online module in order to be eligible to register annually.
Make Ethical Decisions – Online Evaluation
All CANSail Instructors & Coaches who have completed the CANSail Fundamental Course are required to complete the Make Ethical Decisions online evaluation by logging into their Locker Profile. Please note that CANSail Windsurf Instructors must complete the Instruction stream.
CANSail Instructor & Coach Recertification
Recertification for all CANSail Instructors & Coaches must be completed through a provincial sailing association. To review the updated Recertification Policy, please click here. The certification period for CANSail Instructors and Coaches is 36-months to the end of the calendar year. For example if you completed your clinic in May 2011, your level would expire December 31st, 2014. LF / MLF Recertification Policy
Please click here for more information regarding Sail Canada Instructor liability insurance.