As the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak rapidly evolves in Canada, we are all facing unique challenges.
The Sail Canada staff remains available to answer any questions by email or phone, please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any concerns.
Sail Canada updates and resources
Return to Sailing Guidelines – Cruising, Keelboat, Power & Navigation Programs– Updated May 31, 2021
Return to Sailing Guidelines – CANSail Programs – Updated May 31, 2021
2021 Sail Canada Instructor Certification Accommodation – posted December 2020
A Note to Our Clubs & Schools – posted November 2020
How to stay updated
Canadian Olympic Committee Waiver Templates
The Canadian Olympic Committee has produced template waivers that can be used by organizations within the Canadian Sport system. These documents can be modified and branded appropriately for club and school use.
Own the Podium
Transport Canada Updates
- COVID-19: Physical distancing and safe boating for Canadians
- COVID-19: Guidance for Canadians using marinas and boat launches
- COVID-19: Safe boating for Canadians to reduce the burden on emergency responders
- COVID-19 guidance posters for marine transportation
- COVID-19 measures, updates and guidance for marine transportation issued by Transport Canada
Provincial Sailing Association Updates
- BC Government Support for small businesses Announcement
- Return to Sport Communication – May 15th
- BC Parks
- BC Centre for Disease Control
- Sport BC Update
- More to follow
Newfoundland and Labrador
Resources available from World Sailing
|Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) Find and Break Transmission|
Government Subsidies Available
Services available for your members & groups
Jumpstart – Individual Child Grants – help for eligible families to enter their children into your CANSail Programs
Jumpstart – Community Development Grants – for Sail Canada Schools to help with delivery of CANSail Programs
Check back frequently for more information, we will update this document as regulations are passed.