National Coaching Certification Program (NCCP)
- Instructors & Coaches
- CANSail Dinghy Instructor
- CANSail Windsurf Instructor
- Development Coaches
- Learning Facilitators
- National Coaching Certification Program (NCCP)
- Keelboat & Cruising Instructor
- Power Instructor
- Navigation Instructor
- PCOC Instructor
- ROC(M) Instructors
- Find an Instructor/Coach
- Mental Health Resources
- Disciplinary Hearings & Actions
As part of the NCCP program, all ‘Certified’ coaches are required to accumulate Professional Development points in order to maintain NCCP certification.
Certified Sail Canada dinghy Instructors & Coaches are required to meet the following requirements every 3 years in order to maintain NCCP certification:
|Sail Canada Instructor Level||NCCP Level||# of Years||Required PD Points|
|CANSail 1 & 2 Instructor – Certified||Instruction Beginner||3||6|
|CANSail 3 & 4 Instructor – Certified||Instruction Intermediate||3||12|
|CANSail 5 & 6 Instructor – Certified||Competition Introduction||3||12|
|Development Coach – Certified||Competition Development||3||18|
Points accumulated will apply to all contexts & sports that you are certified in, you will have to meet the requirements of the context/sport with the highest number of required points.
Both NCCP Training & Sailing specific PD activities will be accepted according to the following.
|Active Coaching||1 point per year/season of active coaching||Maximum of 3 points per 3yr certification period|
|NCCP Activity||Up to 3 points per training module completed||N/A|
|Approved Sailing Activity||See list below||N/A|
NCCP activities are available through your Provincial Coaching Association and online through your ‘Locker’ profile at www.coach.ca.
Sailing Specific Activities
Sailing Specific Activities that are currently approved for PD credits are listed below. Please check with your Provincial Sailing Association for clinic schedules and approved local activities.
- Wet Feet Module (3 points)
- Program Manager Module (3 points)
- Spinnaker & Trapeze Module (3 points)
- Coaching Athletes with a Disability Module (3 points)
- Coach Boat Safety Course (3 points)
- Coach Development Sessions at Regattas (3 points)
- Rule 42 Seminars at Regattas (3 points)
- Provincial Coaching Conferences (3 points)
- National Conferences (3 points)
- Judge Seminar (3 points)
- Race Officer Seminar (3 points)
- National Committee Work (3 points)
- Provincial Committee Work (3 points)
- Powerboat Training Certification (3 points)
- Racing Rules & Tactics Module (3 points)
- Safety Training Module (3 points)
- CWF Wild About Sports Module (3 points)
Professional development points will be tracked on your NCCP transcript. Please click here to login to your NCCP profile now.
Activities will be entered into the Locker upon completion by the organization that delivered the event (Provincial Sailing Association, Provincial Coaching Association, Sail Canada, Coaching Association of Canada).
Sail Canada’s CANSail Instructor program is developed in collaboration with the Coaching Association of Canada as part of the National Coaching Certification Program. The National Coaching Certification Program (NCCP) is a coach training and certification program offered in over 65 sports in Canada. The principal objective of this program is to develop the abilities of instructors & coaches working with athletes at all levels, from the community level through to high-performance sport.
The NCCP is a collaborative program of the government of Canada, provincial/territorial governments, national/provincial/territorial sport organizations and the Coaching Association of Canada.