- Instructors & Coaches
- CANSail Dinghy Instructor
- CANSail Windsurf Instructor
- Development Coaches
- Learning Facilitators
- National Coaching Certification Program (NCCP)
- Keelboat & Cruising Instructor
- Power Instructor
- Navigation Instructor
- PCOC Instructor
- ROC(M) Instructors
- Find an Instructor/Coach
- Mental Health Resources
- Disciplinary Hearings & Actions
CANSail Development Coach Program is designed for coaches working with race programs at the club, regional or provincial level that extend through 4 or more months of the year.
The program offers:
- Training and mentoring to instill confidence and effectiveness in coach candidates with experienced Full Time coaches as part of the program.
- Emphasis on practical on-water coaching at the training clinic.
- Places importance on sport science elements of fitness, nutrition, and sports psychology.
- Final evaluations carried out on racecourses and at training camps.
- Accreditation as a Sail Canada Coach and with the Coaching Association of Canada in the NCCP Competition Development Context (with successful evaluation).
- Preparation and prerequisite achievement for Sailing Coaches to advance and enter into Canada’s National Coaching Institute (NCI).
Development Coach Program Candidates will have:
- Previous sail-racing experience (preference for having campaigned a World Sailing-recognized class)
- A genuine interested in becoming and/or developing personally and professionally as a coach
- Experience as a high-level sailor or coach with Race Team programs
Full information on the pathway through Coach Training, Certification and Re-certification is available here.
- Making Ethical Decisions Evaluation Module
- Manage Conflict
- Leading Drug-Free Sport
Code of Conduct
The CANSail Development Coach Program has been developed by Sail Canada in partnership with the Coaching Association of Canada.