- Instructors & Coaches
- CANSail Dinghy Instructor
- CANSail Windsurf Instructor
- Development Coaches
- Learning Facilitators
- National Coaching Certification Program (NCCP)
- Keelboat & Cruising Instructor
- Power Instructor
- Navigation Instructor
- PCOC Instructor
- ROC(M) Instructors
- Find an Instructor/Coach
- Mental Health Resources
- Disciplinary Hearings & Actions
CANSail Development Coach Program is designed for coaches working with race programs at the club, regional or provincial level that extend through 4 or more months of the year.
Competition Development Coach Candidates – 2021 Clinic EOI
Sail Canada is currently seeking Expressions of Interest (EOI) from qualified coaches who are interested in participating in a Competition Development Coach Course in 2021.
The format of Competition Development Course may be different than past years due to Covid restrictions, at this time Sail Canada is looking to gauge interest in running the course. Dates and locations have yet to be determined.
Any persons interested in participating in the Competition Development Coaching Clinic please submit an EOI to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 20th, 2021.
Please review the Eligibility Criteria closely before submitting an EOI.
EOI to include:
- Full Name
- CANSail number
- Do you plan on coaching at the 2022 Canada Summer Games? (Yes/No)
- Questions? Contact Katie Sweeting at the Sail Canada office email@example.com
The program offers:
- Training and mentoring to instill confidence and effectiveness in coach candidates with experienced Full Time coaches as part of the program.
- Emphasis on practical on-water coaching at the training clinic.
- Places importance on sport science elements of fitness, nutrition, and sports psychology.
- Final evaluations carried out on racecourses and at training camps.
- Accreditation as a Sail Canada Coach and with the Coaching Association of Canada in the NCCP Competition Development Context (with successful evaluation).
- Preparation and prerequisite achievement for Sailing Coaches to advance and enter into Canada’s National Coaching Institute (NCI).
Development Coach Program Candidates will have:
- Previous sail-racing experience (preference for having campaigned a World Sailing-recognized class)
- A genuine interested in becoming and/or developing personally and professionally as a coach
- Experience as a high-level sailor or coach with Race Team programs
Full information on the pathway through Coach Training, Certification and Re-certification is available here.
- Making Ethical Decisions Evaluation Module
- Manage Conflict
- Leading Drug-Free Sport
Code of Conduct
The CANSail Development Coach Program has been developed by Sail Canada in partnership with the Coaching Association of Canada.