Why does your membership matter?
Your membership supports:
- The Sail Canada High Performance Program (Canadian Sailing Team & Canadian Sailing Development Squad)
- Training for international events (Olympics, Pan Am Games)
- The evolution of the sport of sailing in Canada
- Development and delivery of National Sail Training Programs in dinghies, keelboats, cruising, power boats & more!
- Development and delivery of Race Official Training Programs
- The development of programs to allow people with disabilities to participate in the sport
- The promotion of the sport nationwide
Your membership allows you the right
- To access and deliver Sail Canada Programs
- To race and compete!
- As mandated by World Sailing and the Racing Rules of Sailing, the right to race is reserved for members of clubs who are members of Sail Canada in national & regional championships, as well as overseas
- To improve and develop your skills
- To access resources in order to enhance your knowledge
- To host Sail Canada Events and Championships
- To the Protest and Appeals process
Your membership helps provide
- Sail Canada Events and Championships
- Annual Sailing Award (Rolex Sailor of the Year)
- Training Camps for sailors
- Instructor, Coach and Officials Training Programs
- Sailing programs in rural communities across Canada (Did you know that since the community of Mabou launched their sailing program 7 years ago there are now more sailors in the community than hockey players?)
- Secure funding from Sport Canada and provincial governments to support club infrastructure, new programs and professional development
- Financial Assistance Program (FAP) to distribute donations from supporting individuals and companies to programs deemed by Sail Canada to be eligible to receive such monies. As a registered Amateur Athletic Association, Sail Canada has the right to issue tax receipts to donating individuals and companies where the donation complies with the requirements of the Canada Revenue Agency.
- Lobbying for: safer waterways, better life jacket policies & flare reductions
Your membership gives you
- A Boat Donation program – to assist Sail Canada member clubs acquire donated boats and provide tax receipts to donors
- RC Stevenson Boat Loan fund – to assist Sail Canada member clubs in the purchase of sail boats to be used for junior training.
- Job Postings – member clubs and schools are able to publish job postings on the Sail Canada website; more than 100 jobs are posted each year.
- Preferred rates on specific marine insurance programs – Skippers’ Plan
- National online sailor profiles
- Club Regalia & Team Gear discount rates from Helly Hansen
- 40% online discount to Coleman products