WHY DOES YOUR MEMBERSHIP MATTER?
Your membership supports:
- The Sail Canada High Performance Program (Canadian Sailing Team & Canadian Sailing Development Squad)
- Training for international events (Olympics, Pan Am Games)
- The evolution of the sport of sailing in Canada
- Development and delivery of National Sail Training Programs in dinghies, keelboats, cruising, power boats & more!
- Development and delivery of Race Official Training Programs
- The development of programs to allow people with disabilities to participate in the sport
- The promotion of the sport nationwide
YOUR MEMBERSHIP ALLOWS YOU THE RIGHT
- To access and deliver Sail Canada Programs
- To race and compete!
- As mandated by World Sailing and the Racing Rules of Sailing, the right to race is reserved for members of clubs who are members of Sail Canada in national & regional championships, as well as overseas
- To improve and develop your skills
- To access resources in order to enhance your knowledge
- To host Sail Canada Events and Championships
- To the Protest and Appeals process
YOUR MEMBERSHIP HELPS PROVIDE
- Sail Canada Events and Championships
- Annual Sailing Award (Rolex Sailor of the Year)
- Training Camps for sailors
- Instructor, Coach and Officials Training Programs
- Sailing programs in rural communities across Canada (Did you know that since the community of Mabou launched their sailing program 7 years ago there are now more sailors in the community than hockey players?)
- Secure funding from Sport Canada and provincial governments to support club infrastructure, new programs and professional development
- Financial Assistance Program (FAP) to distribute donations from supporting individuals and companies to programs deemed by Sail Canada to be eligible to receive such monies. As a registered Amateur Athletic Association, Sail Canada has the right to issue tax receipts to donating individuals and companies where the donation complies with the requirements of the Canada Revenue Agency.
- Lobbying for: safer waterways, better life jacket policies & flare reductions
YOUR MEMBERSHIP GIVES YOU
- Preferred member rates with the Sail Canada Group Home & Auto program by Gallagher Insurance
- Gallagher Perks for Life – Check here for Information and a list of all the benefits available: Perks Information & gallagherperks.ca/perksforlife
- A BOAT DONATION PROGRAM – TO ASSIST SAIL CANADA MEMBER CLUBS ACQUIRE DONATED BOATS AND PROVIDE TAX RECEIPTS TO DONORS
- RC STEVENSON BOAT LOAN FUND – TO ASSIST SAIL CANADA MEMBER CLUBS IN THE PURCHASE OF SAIL BOATS TO BE USED FOR JUNIOR TRAINING.
- JOB POSTINGS – MEMBER CLUBS AND SCHOOLS ARE ABLE TO PUBLISH JOB POSTINGS ON THE SAIL CANADA WEBSITE; MORE THAN 100 JOBS ARE POSTED EACH YEAR.
- PREFERRED RATES ON SPECIFIC MARINE INSURANCE PROGRAMS – GALLAGHER SKIPPERS’ PLAN
- NATIONAL ONLINE SAILOR PROFILES
- 40% ONLINE DISCOUNT TO COLEMAN PRODUCTS