PROTEST & APPEALS
Protest situations happen to all racers at some point on the water. Please download the following Protest or Redress Forms, and/or look for information in this section with regard to what you can do if you wish to further pursue a protest decision.
WORLD SAILING CASE BOOK 2021-2024
- Sail Canada Appeals Book, Interpretations of the Racing Rules of Sailing 2021-2024
- 2021-2024, March 2021 Edition
- 2017-2020, April 2017 EditionTHE RACING RULES OF SAILING 2021-2024. ANY CHANGES IN THESE RULES ARE ANNOUNCED THROUGH SAIL CANADA AND POSTED ON THE WORLD SAILING WEBSITE AT WWW.SAILING.ORG.
- THE WORLD SAILING CASES ARE RECOGNIZED BY WORLD SAILING AS AUTHORITATIVE INTERPRETATIONS AND EXPLANATIONS OF THE RULES.
- THE SAIL CANADA PRESCRIPTIONS TO THE RACING RULES OF SAILING
- THE RACING RULES OF SAILING 2021-2024 PUBLICATION MAY ALSO BE AVAILABLE FOR SALE AT SAILING CLUBS, SAILING SCHOOLS, MARINE STORES, AND FROM YOURPROVINCIAL SAILING ASSOCIATION
The appeal process in Canada is according to rule the Sail Canada Prescriptions 2021-2024 to rule 70 and Appendix R.
When a party to a hearing appeals a protest committee’s decision, the appeal is sent to Sail Canada. E-mail submissions are preferred, but not required. Use this contact information:
53 Yonge Street
Kingston, Ontario, Canada
Under the prescription to Appendix R, Sail Canada may delegate an appeal to a yacht racing association or provincial sailing association, as appropriate. If your appeal is delegated, the appeal committee for the yacht racing or provincial sailing association will contact you to process the appeal. Otherwise, the Sail Canada Appeals Committee will contact you.
The procedure to follow to file an appeal is outlined in the Racing Rules of Sailing in Appendix R – Procedures for Appeals and Requests.
Under this prescription, a decision of a yacht racing association or provincial sailing association may be further appealed or referred to the Sail Canada Appeals Committee. Any action by a National Authority under rule 69.3, Allegations of Gross Misconduct is handled by the Sail Canada Appeals Committee.
SAIL CANADA PRESCRIPTIONS TO THE RACING RULES OF SAILING 2021-2024
THE WORLD SAILING CASES 2021-2024