Sail Canada Affiliate Organizations, along with yacht and sailing clubs, windsurfing & foil clubs, sailing schools and camps are the foundation of the Sail Canada membership program. The Affiliate Organization membership is an appropriate membership category for organizations not identified as Canadian clubs or schools, but hold interest in the sport of sailing and would like to promote their valid affiliation with the governing body for sailing in Canada and access the services and benefits of the national membership.
Affiliate organizations become members of Sail Canada through application to Sail Canada. The annual membership fee is paid to Sail Canada. The annual membership fee is a flat rate, $350 per year. For further information or to become a member affiliate organization please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: In order to offer Sail Canada programs, courses must be taught by current Sail Canada instructors who are certified at the appropriate level.
SERVICES AND BENEFITS TO AFFILIATE ORGANIZATIONS
All member organizations in good standing with their provincial sailing association (PSA) and/or Sail Canada benefit from the following services:
- Representation by Sail Canada and PSAs to government agencies on issues concerning the regulation and legislation in recreational boating
- Link to – and listing of – your organization on the Sail Canada website
- Right to use official Sail Canada branding to show affiliation with the national organization
- Eligible to participate in Sail Canada’s national award program
- Invited to add job postings to the Sail Canada website