Sail Canada is Hiring!
Sail Canada is the national sport governing body for sailing in Canada. Located in Kingston, ON, Sail Canada is a not-for-profit organization whose mandate is to foster the development and promotion of sailing through collaboration with our partners; the Provincial Sailing Associations, member clubs, schools, and many individual stakeholders.
Sail Canada is now accepting applications for the position of Programs Manager.
Reporting to the CEO, the successful candidate will develop and manage the ‘Development’ pillar of Sail Canada’s Strategic Plan including, but not limited to:
• Dinghy Training Programs
• Cruising / Keel / Power / Navigation Training Programs
• Official Training Programs
• Instructor / Coach Training Programs
• Offshore Training Programs
• Sail Canada Championships
• Administration of training programs & initiatives
• Partnerships with stakeholders
• Support staff, volunteer / committee management
The Programs Manager must possess the following skils:
• Effective human resource management skills
• A working knowledge and understanding of Microsoft Office, current Content Management Systems, Social Media (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Linkedin, etc.) and general database functionality
• Knowledge and understanding of Sail Canada policies and procedures
• A thorough understanding of the sport of sailing and Sail Canada training programs
• Strong communication skills in English (written, spoken and comprehension); French considered an asset
Length and Term: This fulltime position is covering a maternity leave and will run from approximately January 7, 2019 – April 3, 2020 (15 month term).
There will be a requirement for occasional evening and weekend work.
Application Deadline: November 29, 2018
Remuneration: Compensation commensurate with experience
Interested applicants should submit their cover letter and resume to:
Genevieve Manning, Office Manager
Subject: “Programs Manager”
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those being considered will be contacted.