Paul Ulibarri - Royal Victoria Yacht Club & CFSA-Esquimalt
May 2017 - Paul Ulibarri of Royal Victoria Yacht Club & CFSA-Esquimalt Squadron in BC
Paul Ulibarri has recently retired as the chair of BC Sailing’s Race Management committee – this being only one of the many positions he has held volunteering for Sailing.
Paul's dedication to Race Management and the sport of sailing has been vast. He spent sixteen years as an Olympic Games Official (USA 1996, Australia 2000, Greece 2004 and China 2008) and 8 years as a member of the US Sailing Board of Directors.
Paul’s many roles include:
- Member of the International Sailing Federation (ISAF) Race Management Committee
- Chairman of US Sailing’s Race Management Committee
- Chair of the US Sailing Multi hull Committee
- Chairman of the Canadian Yachting Association (CYA) Race Management Committee
- International Hobie Class Association President (18,000 members), and
- Chair of the BC Sailing Race Management Committee.
His certifications included:
- International Race Officer (22 years)
- ISAF Technical Official
- ISAF Race Management Instructor
- US Sailing Race Management Instructor
- Sail Canada Master Course Conductor, and
- Sail Canada Senior Judge
As Honorary member of the Royal Victoria Yacht Club & Honorary Lifetime Member of CFSA Esquimalt Squadron, Paul plans to continue serving the sailing community as a Race Officer, applying his significant experience in this role. With over 1000 Principal Events in 29 countries, including 50+ International One Design Class World Championships, hundreds of Continental and National Champions and about two dozen National / International Match Racing Championships as a Race Officer, Paul is a tremendous asset to Sailing in Canada!
Nominate a volunteer at your club today!
Follow these simple steps to nominate for Volvo Car Volunteer of the Month:
1) Confirm that your club or sailing school is member in good standing &/or registered for the year.
- Member Clubs are listed here
- Member Sailing Schools are listed here
- Registered CANSail Training Sites are listed here
About Volvo Car Canada
Volvo Car Canada Ltd. is part of the Volvo Car Group of Gothenburg, Sweden. The company provides marketing, sales, parts, service, technology and training support to the 38 Volvo automobile retailers across the country. The S60, S80 and XC60 are among only 22 vehicles that have been awarded the prestigious new Top Safety Pick+ by IIHS (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety). Volvo Cars is committed to Vision 2020, our goal that no one shall be killed or seriously injured in a Volvo by the year 2020.