Notice of Annual General Meeting
It is with pleasure that we invite all members in good standing to the
2016 Sail Canada Annual General Meeting (AGM)
The AGM will be held at the Westin Nova Scotian, 1181 Hollis St., Halifax, NS, B3H 2P6 on Friday, October 21, 2016 at 6:00pm ADT.
AGM registration commences at 5:15pm on the 21st.
Please take notice of the following purposes of the meeting that represent the draft agenda:
1. To receive and if thought fit, to adopt the minutes of the Annual General Meeting of members held on October 31, 2015 in Ottawa, Ontario.
2. To receive the Report of the Nominating Committee and to elect members to the Board of Directors
3. To receive the report of the Board of Directors
4. To receive the reports from the Provincial Sailing Associations
5. To receive the Report of the Audit Committee, to receive and consider the audited financial statements for the year ended April 30, 2016; and to appoint the Association’s auditors for the year ending April 30, 2017.
Consistent with Sail Canada Bylaw Section 3., Sail Canada members in good standing have the right to vote by proxy. For a proxy to be valid, the completed 2016 Proxy Form must be received in the Sail Canada office by mail or fax no later than October 16th, 2016, or submitted in person at the AGM registration desk on October 21, 2016.
Documents and other supporting information related to the notice of meeting are available by clicking on the related hyperlinks, as available.
The 2016 Sail Canada Annual General Meeting will be held in
Halifax, NS on Friday, October 21, in conjunction with the
Sail Canada Leadership Summit & Sail Nova Scotia's Atlantic Sailing Conference; October 20-22.