Notice of Annual General Meeting
It is with pleasure that we invite all members in good standing to the 2015 Sail Canada Annual General Meeting (AGM)
The AGM will be held at the Brookstreet Hotel, 525 Legget Dr., Ottawa, ON, K2K 2W2 on Saturday, October 31, 2015 at 9:00am EDT.
AGM registration commences at 8:15am on the 31st.
Please take notice of the following purposes of the meeting that represent the draft agenda:
- To receive and if thought fit, to adopt the minutes of the Annual General Meeting of members held on October 25, 2014 in Victoria, British Columbia.
- To receive the Report of Nominating Committee and to elect members to the Board of Directors
- To receive the report of the Board of Directors
- To receive the reports from the Provincial Sailing Associations
- To consider and if thought fit, approve the following Notice of Motion
a) To amend By-laws as described in Annex A; Intro to By-Laws and By-Laws
- To receive the Report of the Audit Committee, to consider and if thought fit, approve the audited financial statements for the year ended April 30, 2015; and to appoint the Association’s auditors for the year ending April 30, 2016.
According to Sail Canada Bylaw 8.10 b), Sail Canada members in good standing have the right to vote by proxy. For a proxy to be valid, the completed 2015 Proxy Form must be received in the Sail Canada office by mail or fax no later than October 27th, 2015, submitted in person at the conference registration desk on Friday October 30th, or delivered to the AGM registration desk on October 31, 2015.
Consistent with Bylaw 8.3, 8.8 and 8.13, documents and other supporting information related to the notice of motion and other resolutions are available by clicking on the related hyperlinks.
The 2015 Sail Canada Annual General Meeting will be held in
Ottawa, ON on Saturday, October 31, in conjunction with the
2015 AGM & Conference; October 30-31.