Notice of Annual General Meeting
It is with pleasure that we invite all members in good standing to the
2014 Sail Canada Annual General Meeting (AGM)
The AGM will be held at the Marriott Victoria Inner Harbour, 728 Humboldt St., Victoria, BC on Saturday, October 25, 2014 at 17:00 PDT. AGM registration commences at 16:30 on the 25th.
Please take notice of the following purposes of the meeting that represent the draft agenda:
1. To receive and if thought fit, to adopt the minutes of the Annual General Meeting of members held on October 26, 2013 in Montreal, Quebec.
2. To receive the Report of Nominating Committee and to elect members to the Board of Directors
3. To receive the report of the Board of Directors
4. To receive the reports from the Provincial Sailing Associations
5. To receive the Report of the Audit Committee, to consider and if thought fit, approve the financial statements, including public accountant’s report for the year ended March 31, 2014; and to re-appoint the public accountant for the year ending March 31, 2015.
According to Sail Canada Bylaw 8.10 b), Sail Canada members in good standing have the right to vote by proxy. For a proxy to be valid, the completed 2014 Proxy Form must be received in the Sail Canada office by mail or fax no later than October 21st, 2014, submitted in person at the conference registration desk on Friday October 24th, or delivered to the AGM registration desk on October 25, 2014.
Consistent with Bylaw 8.3, 8.8 and 8.13, documents and other supporting information related to the notice of meeting are available by clicking on the related hyperlinks.
The 2014 Sail Canada Annual General Meeting will be held in
Victoria, BC on Saturday, October 25, in conjunction with the 2014 AGM & Conference; October 24-26.