Sail Canada is recruiting a Communications Coordinator who is energetic, well organized and enthusiastic about the sport of Sailing. This position will support the vision, mission, values and strategic plan of Sail Canada. The Communications Coordinator will promote the brand, celebrate successes, and keep stakeholders informed on activities, programs and key decisions through the execution of the Sail Canada Communication plan.
Reporting directly to the Chief Executive Officer, and working in coordination with a team of professionals in the Kingston, Ontario office, the primary responsibilities of the position include:
• Develop and execute a comprehensive communications plan and strategy
• Build public awareness of Sail Canada brand and programs
• Manage website content and design
• Coordinate media relations (develop media lists, draft and distribute press releases, follow-up with media, and coordinate spokespeople and interviews)
• Deliver consistent news and updates to members and stakeholders
• Create and manage effective communication tools
• Manage use of new media technologies (digital content)
• Coordinate annual reports
• Manage general enquiries from the media and public
• Computer Skills: Microsoft environment, experience with content management systems, media databases and email marketing applications, proficiency using Adobe Creative Suites or similar program
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Demonstrated journalistic skills
• Demonstrated ability to manage a diverse workload, prioritize tasks and work both independently and collaboratively
• Flexibility and ability to adapt quickly in a fast paced environment
• Sense of humour and positive attitude
• Understanding of the sport of sailing and recreational boating
• Proven relationship management skills
• Results orientated & self-driven
• 2 years+ experience in a communications, media relations or social marketing role in the not for profit sector, or equivalent
• Post-secondary education in Public Relations, Media Relations, Communications or Marketing
• Bilingual in French and English (written and oral)
• Experience with both traditional and new media relations tools (e.g. newswire, social media press releases)
Please send your confidential resume along with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Type of position: Full time
Salary Range: Commensurate upon qualifications & experience
Application Deadline: July 24, 2017 Starting Date: As soon as possible
Contact Information: Genevieve Manning, Office Manager; email@example.com
We thank all who apply, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
This position is supported by funding from Sport Canada.