Notice of Annual General Meeting
It is with pleasure that we invite all members in good standing to the
2017 Sail Canada Annual General Meeting (AGM)
The AGM will be held at the Westin Prince Toronto, 900 York Mills Rd, North York, ON M3B 3H2 on Friday, October 20, 2017 at 5:30pm.
AGM registration commences at 5:00pm on the 20th.
Please take notice of the following purposes of the meeting that represent the draft agenda:
1. To receive and if thought fit, to adopt the minutes of the Annual General Meeting of members held on October 21, 2016 in Halifax, NS.
2. To receive the Report of the Nominating Committee and to elect members to the Board of Directors
3. To receive the report of the Board of Directors
4. To receive the reports from the Provincial Sailing Associations
5. To receive the Report of the Audit Committee, to consider the audited financial statements for the year ended April 30, 2017; and to appoint the Association’s auditors for the year ending April 30, 2018.
Consistent with Sail Canada Bylaw Section 3., Sail Canada members in good standing have the right to vote by proxy. For a proxy to be valid, the completed 2017 Proxy Form must be received in the Sail Canada office by mail or fax no later than October 16th, 2017, or submitted in person at the AGM registration desk on October 20, 2017.
Documents and other supporting information related to the notice of meeting can be accessed by clicking on the related hyperlinks, as available.
The 2017 Sail Canada Annual General Meeting will be held in
Toronto, ON on Friday, October 20, in conjunction with the
Sail Canada Leadership Meetings; October 19-21.
Click here for more information about the 2017 Sail Canada AGM and Leadership Meetings