2016 Women's Keelboat Championships - RFP
November 26 2015 - Kingston, ON
Sail Canada is seeking proposals from member organizations to host the 2016 Women’s Keelboat Championships in the Central Region of Canada.
The Women’s Keelboat Championship is hosted annually, rotating through the western, central and eastern regions of Canada. The event is open to competitors across the country, a number of whom are able to take part thanks to the provision of charter boats from the local area.
Dates and duration
- Event duration is 4 days: 1 day of training; 3 days of racing
- Traditional event date is in the calendar block from mid-August to mid-September
- Host Organization that is awarded the event becomes agents of Sail Canada, the Organization Authority for the Sail Canada Title Event;
- The Host Organization will appoint a Chairperson. That Chair will hold experience in roles delivering well executed events.
- Host Organization is responsible for recruiting volunteer teams to carry out all aspects of the event
- Provision of a charter boat fleet for out of town/province competitors
Technical and On-water Delivery
- As the Organizing Authority, Sail Canada will supply:
o Technical Document templates (NOR and Sailing Instructions) in both official languages (English and French)
o Online registration service for all sailors, coaches, officials and volunteers
- Sail Canada and the host organization will work together to appoint the following positions:
o Principal Race Officer
o Chief Judge
- Host Organization facilitates the provision of all on-water event delivery boats and marks
- Daily nutrition provisions (lunch/snacks)
- Designated area for registration & information desk
- Club access for competitors & volunteers
- Safe docks & launching areas
- Social events / meals for competitors during the event
The organization awarded the event will execute a Memorandum of Understanding with Sail Canada outlining the responsibilities of each party.
Interested hosts are asked to contact Sail Canada to express their interest in hosting the event.
Proposals to host must include the following:
- Executive Summary of the Organization’s plan to host
- Endorsement from their Provincial Sailing Association
- Name Chairperson(s) to be appointed
- Indication of the fleet that would be used