Registered CANSail Training Sites
Registered CANSail Training Sites reap the benefits of receiving a number of tools and services to assist the sailing school’s volunteers and staff to carry out promotion and delivery of safe and professional dinghy sailing training at national standards.
Sailing schools register annually with their Provincial Sailing Association.
A registered CANSail Training Site receives:
- Promotional materials / poster – for use in community and online
- CANSail tangibles package for distribution to program participants:
- CANSail certificates loaded with sailor’s name and program (CANSail standard level ‘achieved’ or level ‘in-progress’)
- CANSail seals for application to CANSail certificates
- CANSail progress reports
- Package of sample lesson plans, program schedule & drill guides – for use by registered CANSail Instructor Staff & promotion of program details to families and community
- CANSail Flag to fly from your club’s flagstaff – identifying your school as a recognized CANSail Training Site!
- Listing on sailing.ca, and Provincial Sailing Association websites
- Sailor assessment checklists for use by the school’s registered CANSail Instructor Staff
- Access to the CANSail online service - a web-based program designed to relieve the paperwork hassles that come with running a sailing program to national standards. The system – powered by Checklick - includes digitized CANSail checklists that allow you track the progression of each of your sailors through the CANSail system.
- Option to utilize online sailing program registration service
Registered CANSail Training Sites agree to:
- Hire Registered & Certified Sail Canada CANSail Instructors & Coaches
- Follow the CANSail curriculum & use CANSail Checklists
- Record and submit participant reports for all participant in CANSail programs to their Provincial Sailing Association (through the CANSail Online system or excel reports)