Wednesday, April 03, 2013
Ontario Sailing is seeking a full-time program coordinator to provide strong leadership and experience to continue to coordinate and grow some of our key member programs. This is a great opportunity for someone with a passion for sailing and boating to contribute to the success of the sport in Ontario.
- Coordinating the BOOM mobile sailing program, which includes scheduling 3 mobile units, staff and equipment. Liaising with host sites and coordinating logistics with staff. Pre-season and post season set up and follow up may include loading trailers and putting away equipment.
- Working with program staff and a volunteer committee to plan, execute and evaluate Instructor/Coach development programs. This includes working with contract Learning Facilitator staff, scheduling clinics, coordinating host site requirements and answers participant questions.
- Provide leadership to the Able Sail Program and Ontario Sailing Awards Committee.
- Be an active member of the Shells & Sails Program Management Team providing leadership and support the Shells & Sails staff.
- At times act as the Ontario Sailing representative at events such as the Boat Shows and meetings with provincial and national partners.
- Answer member questions and work with member clubs and coaches.
- Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director
- Post Secondary Education in recreation, leisure, health and fitness or similar field.
- Ideally experience as a sailor or boater with instructor certification
- Experience supervising staff
- Class G drivers license with a good driving record
- Ability to do some travel for meetings and site visits
- Organized, customer service oriented with strong communication skills including email, updating web pages (training provided), verbal and written communication.
- Ability to compile information and prepare reports and presentations for funding partners and the Ontario Sailing Board of Directors.
Team Work: You will work in a small office of 7 fulltime staff and up to 60 part time staff (including contract Learning Facilitators). Any experience working as a volunteer or working with volunteers is an asset.
Physical Strength: This is the element of loading trailers and moving boats and equipment as part of this position.
Hours: There is great flexibility in the workweek and time off in lieu of weekend work. From April to October there is a high demand to at least be ‘on-call’ on weekends and to work on weekends.
Salary: The salary range is based on experience, and offers a comprehensive benefits package.
Apply: Please submit a cover letter and résumé by e-mail to Glenn Lethbridge, Executive Director as soon as possible. Check out www.OntarioSailing.ca to find out more about Ontario Sailing.
Resumes are due Tuesday April 9th 2013. The position will start 22nd (and could start on April 15th for the right person)