Monday, August 15, 2011
The Nova Scotia Yachting Association is seeking applications for the position of
Provincial Head Coach, Nova Scotia Sailing Team.
The role of the Coach is to provide leadership and expertise to Club Sailing Coaches, the Nova Scotia Sailing Team, and Developing Sailors.
The Coach will be expected to:
- Work closely with club race coaches around Nova Scotia to improve their
- programs and develop their coaching skills
- Be fully certified as a Level 2 or higher coach with the Canadian Yachting
- Have international high performance sailing/coaching experience with race and provincial race teams, as well as club level development teams.
- Opti racing experience is considered an asset.
- Have excellent communication and motivational skills. Work well with others.
- Develop training and competitive programs for high performance athletes
- Have excellent organizational and time management skills
- Travel with Provincial and Club team members to identified regattas
This position will be full-time beginning November 1, 2011.
$48,000 - $55,000 plus benefits (approx $25.00 per hour)
All applicants are to submit a cover letter, resume, and a letter of intent outlining how they will meet the above objectives. (no more than 500 words)
About the Nova Scotia Sailing Team
There are dinghy racing programs at 12 yacht clubs in Nova Scotia and more than 130 racers. In 2009, NSST members captured 1 Gold and 3 silver medals at the Canada Games to lead all provinces. Popular classes include the Opti, Laser, and 420 with the 29er, 4.7 and 2.4mr showing potential.
This position is partially funded by the Support 4 Sport Coach program.
Please submit application by Thursday, September 15, 2011 to:
Nova Scotia Yachting Association
5516 Spring Garden Road, 4th Floor
Halifax, NS B3J 1G6