CYA Job Postings
Click here to submit your employment opportunity to the CYA Job Posting webpage. Job postings are to be emailed in a word document and should include the position start date.
Shearwater Yacht Club CFB Halifax - White Sail Instructor CFB Halifax
Shearwater Yacht Club CFB Halifax
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Start Date: Monday, June 03, 2013
Under the supervision of the Director of Training, the White Sail Instructor plans, organizes and delivers sailing classes. He/She demonstrates and instructs sailing activities and techniques. The White Sail Instructor inspects equipment and facility for safety and takes corrective action where necessary. She/He also monitors classes to ensure safety and provides emergency or first aid assistance, as required.
High school diploma AND some years of experience conducting sailing instruction classes
- An acceptable combination of education, training and/or experience will be considered
- Current Canadian Yachting Association (CYA) White Sail Coach Certificate (CANSail 2 equivalent)
- Current Bronze Sailing Level IV Certificate (CANSail 3 Equivalent)
- Current Pleasure Craft Operators Card
- Current VHF Operators Card
- Current National Coaching Certification Program Level 1
- Completion of NCCP Making Ethical Decisions (MED) evaluation
- Completion of CANSail Fundamentals Course
- Current CPR and Basic First Aid qualifications
- Proof of annual CANSail registration
- Must be a minimum of 16 years of age
Language requirement: English or French mandatory.
Knowledge And Experience Requirements
- Of instructional techniques
- Of group dynamics
- Of health and safety practices
- Of injury prevention
- In planning, organizing, and delivering sailing classes
- In monitoring and controlling large groups of participants
- In ensuring safety protocols and procedures
- In using software for word processing, spreadsheets, presentations, databases, e-mail, and Internet browsing
Salary: $ 13.36 /hr - $ 17.20 /hr
CYA Instructor fee must be paid for current year.
Successful candidate will be prepared to commence employment as soon as possible.
NPF employees must demonstrate the following core characteristics: team player, customer focus, positive attitude, excellence, and competence.
NPF is committed to Employment Equity and Diversity and invites applications from Women, Aboriginal People, Persons with Disabilities and Visible Minorities. To receive this job poster in an alternative format, please contact the NPF Human Resources Manager.
Eligible candidates should submit a resume clearly outlining their ability to fulfill all position requirements by mail to: Ellen McKay, NPF Human Resources Manager, Bldg S-90, Rm 223, PO Box 8836, Station “A”, Halifax, NS B3K 5M5; by e-mail or online at www.cfpsa.com. Applications must be received before 23:59 hrs Pacific Time on 2 April 2013.
Please note that only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted. If you have special needs and require accommodation measures for the selection process, please notify the NPF Human Resources Manager at that time.