Instructor and Coach Job Postings
Click here to submit your employment opportunity to the Job Posting webpage. Job postings are to be emailed in a word document and should include the position start date.
Boulevard Club - Race Coach
Start Date: Monday, June 16, 2014
The Boulevard Club – CANSail Race Coach
The Boulevard Club is now seeking Sail Canada certified CANSail 5/6 Race Coach for the 2013 sailing season.
About the Club
The Boulevard Club is Toronto’s only waterfront private sports, recreation and family club. The beautiful lakeside setting is only minutes from downtown, yet beautifully removed from the stress of city life. The Boulevard Club is renowned for its truly exceptional year round sports sections. Members have access to regional golf and ski clubs, plus private club facilities throughout Canada, the United States and Internationally.
The Boulevard Club has a proud heritage on the Toronto waterfront. Since our origin more than one hundred years ago, our members have enjoyed the finest, the most exclusive, yachting and sports facilities in Toronto.
The club offers instruction in Sail Canada’s new CANSail dinghy program. Our program is taught in 2 and 4 weeks blocks, using Optimists, 420s, and Lasers.
We are looking to hire 1 race coach, for the 2013 season. Uniforms will be provided as well as FREE LUNCH every working day.
You will be responsible for the development and management of our most experienced sailors & racers. Teaching lessons up to a CANSail 6 level, and managing and coaching a seasons worth of youth regattas.
Parking will not be covered.
Racing during the season is both encouraged and supported including our Club Tuesday Night races.
As a minimum, our preferred candidates will:
● Be available from June 16th to August 29th, 2013
● Be able to certify Sail Canada CANSail 3 up to 6
● Pleasure Craft Operators Card
● Toronto Harbour License
● VHF Maritime Operators License
● Be able to demonstrate up-to-date Sail Canada prerequisites before the commencement date
● Be able to make minor fiberglass repairs
● Be enthusiastic, professional under pressure, and show a true passion for progressing in the sport
End of year there may be a performance bonus
40 hrs per week
30 minute break for lunch
General hours Monday – Friday, 8am – 4:30pm
THE BOULEVARD CLUB IS A CANSail TRAINING FACILITY
We will give special consideration to candidates who also:
● Are active racers (keelboats, skiffs, board-sails or dinghies)
● Have taught at least two seasons and/or have completed High School
● Are able to take on major boat repairs (beyond simple holes and scratches)
Please submit your resume before February 17th, 2014 to
Dominik Jablecki (Yachting Director)
We will only contact considered applicants to schedule an interview