Instructor and Coach Job Postings
Click here to submit your employment opportunity to the Job Posting webpage. Job postings are to be emailed in a word document and should include the position start date.
Royal Canadian Yacht Club - Optimist Race Coach
Royal Canadian Yacht Club
Start Date: Monday, May 26, 2014
The Royal Canadian Yacht Club is seeking an experienced Optimist racing coach for 2014.
The Royal Canadian Yacht Club in Toronto Canada, is hiring an Optimist Racing Coach for 2014. For the position we are seeking an experienced and enthusiastic professional Optimist coach. The position would oversee the day-to-day training and competition of the Club’s Optimist Racing Team. The term of employment will span approximately 20-24 weeks from end of May to late October 2014.
The ideal candidate will place an emphasis on coaching sailors to challenge themselves by always putting forth the necessary effort while learning to ask the right questions when faced with a difficult skill. Coaching the importance of preparation for practice and regattas including proper rigging techniques and optimal boat setup for the Optimist. The ideal candidate will also lead dynamic and purposeful sessions on the water that include effective land drills and daily debriefs. As a coach you will be expected to facilitate individual & team goal-setting. Establishing respectful and constructive relationships with students and their families - This includes providing insightful and constructive feedback. Contribute to an environment that fosters respect of equipment, colleagues and sailors. Leading by example with safety, fun and learning at the forefront.
Job Requirements and Certifications:
- Demonstrated success coaching sailors, coupled with significant regatta experience at the local, regional, international level or beyond.
- CPR/First Aid Certification
- University/College Sport related degree (ie: kinesiology, sport psychology etc.)
- Sailing Canada's Course Conductor certification or international equivalent
- Minimum 3 years coaching Optimists on a national or international level
- Have personal racing experience on an international level, preferably singled handed classes (ie: Optimist, Laser, Laser Radial etc.)
or by mail to RCYC Race Coach, 141 St. George Street, Toronto, ON, M5R 2L8
Application deadline: February 4th, 2014