Instructor and Coach Job Postings
Click here to submit your employment opportunity to the Job Posting webpage. Job postings are to be emailed in a word document and should include the position start date.
Sail Canada - Intern Position
Start Date: Tuesday, April 01, 2014
Sail Canada Internship Opportunity
Sail Canada is the National governing body for the sport of sailing in Canada, with a brief that ranges from “Learn to” programs to Olympic and Paralympic competition. Based in Kingston, Ontario, guided by a voluntary Board of Directors, a small team of dedicated staff manage the day to day business and development of the organization.
The Programs Intern is primarily responsible for assisting with the day to day administrative operations of Sail Canada Programs. This is a great opportunity to be part of the daily operations of a National Sport Organization. Successful applicants will have the opportunity for added responsibility contingent on progress and level of proficiency. Applicants in the field of Sport Management, Communications, Recreation Management, Health Education, Public Administration and other related fields would benefit from this experience.
- Contribute to program development and implementation initiatives
- Assist in the coordination of regional & national training clinics
- Assist in the coordination of regional & national competitions
- Help to update and revise website content
- Assist with drafting and sending communications
- Assist in daily administration of Sail Canada programs
- Assist in updating and creating program materials and resources
- Various clerical tasks & data entry
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills
- Possess excellent organization and implementation skills
- Be proficient in MS Office programs and database systems
- Present a professional attitude when dealing with members, partner organizations & the public
- The ability to handle many tasks simultaneously and work independently
As an internship, no salary is associated with this position. Expenses, when appropriate will be re-imbursed. The duration of the internship will be by negotiation with the successful candidate.
A background in sailing & bilingual capabilities preferred. Flexible start / finish dates and hours.
Interested candidates should submit resumes to:
53 Yonge St.