CYA Job Postings
Click here to submit your employment opportunity to the CYA Job Posting webpage. Job postings are to be emailed in a word document and should include the position start date.
Royal Vancouver Yacht Club - Hiring Sailing Director
Royal Vancouver Yacht Club
Vancouver, British Columbia
Start Date: Monday, September 02, 2013
Royal Vancouver Yacht Club is seeking a full-time Sailing Director to start immediately. This position reports to the General Manager with responsibilities to manage all sailing programs, events and regattas at the Club. The Sailing Director also works closely with the Executive members responsible for the Club’s various sailing programs.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITIES
· Ensure finances are in line for all sailing programs
· Attend various committee meetings, prepare minutes and complete tasks as assigned by committee members
· Act as Club liaison for sailing activities at other clubs where required
· Manage all Club races and regattas
· Organize water aspects of major Club events
· Participate as member of organizing committees
· Manage all program and event assets including sailing dinghies used by the race team and summer sailing programs, motorboats used by coaches and race management staff, and all other equipment associated with race management or sail training
· Ensure facilities used by programs are maintained in an orderly fashion
· Oversee repairs and maintenance of all assets associated with sailing including pre and post season repairs and scheduled maintenance throughout the year
Junior Training Program
· Develop the JTP schedule including allocation of assets, course fees and instructor requirements
· Advertise and recruit registrants for the Junior Training Program including production of the brochure and other marketing material
· Hiring of instructing staff
· Able to deal with concerns from participants, parents and instructors if these issues cannot be resolved through Head Instructor
· Work with Head Coach to develop coaching schedule and to recruit appropriate coaches for various sailing classes/ levels
· Oversee charter program
· Complete ad hoc duties and projects assigned by the General Manager
· Solid foundation of knowledge in Sailing
· Race management experience necessary to properly run any regatta
· Positive attitude
· Excellent communication and customer service skills
· Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
· Attention to detail and ability to multi-task
We offer competitive salary, benefits and a great work environment.
Thank you in advance for your application, however only qualified candidates will be contacted.