Instructor and Coach Job Postings
Click here to submit your employment opportunity to the Job Posting webpage. Job postings are to be emailed in a word document and should include the position start date.
Boulevard Club - Head Instructor
Start Date: Monday, June 16, 2014
Job Title: Head Sailing Instructor
Reporting to: Yachting Director
Job Design: Seasonal Hourly
Average shift 8.5 hours per day, 42.5 hours per week
One 30 minute unpaid break per shift over 5.5 hours
Provide leadership and guidance to the Learn to Sail CANSail Program and the Yachting Section in general.
• Manage and assist sailing instructors and work efficiently with the Yachting Director
• Provide high quality sailing coaching and Learn to Sail Program Management
• Promote the Adult Learn to Sail Program
• Be available from June 16th to August 29th, 2014
• Experience in Head Sailing Instructor role
• Possess a valid Toronto Harbour License, P.C.O.C. card and a V.H.F. Radio Operator’s License.
• Possess a Sail Canada Program Managers Module
• Able to speak, read and write fluent English.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Manage day-to-day operations of the Sailing School program.
• Work with the Yachting Manager to recruit, interview and select qualified Sailing Instructors.
• Supervise sailing instructors’ daily activities; ensuring programs operate in accordance with C.Y.A. standards.
• Monitor student/instructor interaction to determine if appropriate teaching methods are being used. Evaluate instructors overall performances ensuring proper procedures are followed.
• Comply with all on and off water safety procedures and regulations of the Toronto Port Authority, Coast Guard and the Boulevard Club.
• Report all health and safety concerns, hazards or suggestions promptly to the Yachting Director.
• Inspect boats and equipment daily, advising the Yachting Manager if repairs are required or if any equipment should be replaced.
• Interact with students and parents, advising them of progress and discuss any issues of concern regarding the sailing programs. Brief the Yachting Director daily on any significant concerns.
• Report all injuries by completing an “Incident Report” form and promptly advise the Yachting Director.
• Organize 2014 “White Sail Worlds” Regatta
• Complete all other reasonable tasks or duties assigned by the Yachting Director
THE BOULEVARD CLUB IS A CANSail TRAINING FACILITY
Health and Safety Roles and Responsibilities:
• Supervisors must perform or adhere to the following:
• Perform workplace inspections
• Conduct information sessions (safety talks, staff meetings, tail gate meetings)
• Conduct incident investigations
• Conduct employee training
• Correct substandard acts or conditions
• Commend employee health and safety performance
• Perform employee safety observations
There may be an end of year performance bonus
40 hrs per week
30 minute break for lunch
general hours Monday – Friday, 8am – 4:30pm
We will give special consideration to candidates who also:
● Are active racers (keelboats, skiffs,board-sails or dinghies)
● Having experience in running a Sailing School
● Are able to take on major boat repairs (beyond simple holes and scratches)
Please submit your resume before February 17th, 2014 to
Dominik Jablecki (Yachting Director)
We will only contact considered applicants to schedule an interview