Instructor and Coach Job Postings
Click here to submit your employment opportunity to the Job Posting webpage. Job postings are to be emailed in a word document and should include the position start date.
The Disabled Sailing Association of British Columbia - Head Instructor 2014
The Disabled Sailing Association of British Columbia
Victoria, British Columbia
Start Date: Wednesday, May 14, 2014
Head Instructor – Application deadline March 10, 2014
Under the overall supervision of the Board of Directors of the Disabled Sailing Association
of B.C., Victoria Branch (D.S.A.B.C., Victoria), and under the general supervision of the
Executive Director of Recreation Integration Victoria (R.I.V.) and the specific direction of
the Coordinator of Services of R.I.V. develops and operates a sailing program for people
with disabilities according to generally accepted standards for Canadian Sailing Schools
while leading and working as an effective member of the team.
1. Provides professional sailing instruction to students with disabilities to accepted
standards of practice for professional sailing schools in Canada, while role modelling
excellent seamanship at all times.
2. Supervises and coordinates the D.S.A.B.C., Victoria, Assistant Instructors.
3. Supervises the use and maintenance of D.S.A.B.C., Victoria boats and equipment.
4. Oversees the training, scheduling and supervision of D.S.A.B.C., Victoria volunteers.
5. Maintains records according to D.S.A.B.C., Victoria, administrative requirements.
6. Performs duties in accordance with the approved policies and procedures of the
D.S.A.B.C., Victoria and Recreation Integration Victoria.
7. Other related duties as required.
1. Current CANSail 3 & 4
2. Current Standard 1st Aid and C.P.R.
3. Class IV driver’s license
4. Excellent communication and organizational skills.
5. Physical ability to safely perform lifts and transfers of people with disabilities in
accordance with accepted procedures.
6. Ability to work as an effective member of the team.
Wage: $16.52/hour. 16 weeks, 37.5 hour week. Tuesday- Saturday
Start Date: May 12, 2014
End Date: August 29, 2014
For more information or to submit a resume and cover letter, please email
or call Recreation Integration Victoria at 250-477-6314.