CYA Job Postings
Click here to submit your employment opportunity to the CYA Job Posting webpage. Job postings are to be emailed in a word document and should include the position start date.
The Boulevard Club - CANSail 1 and 2 Instructors
The Boulevard Club
Dominik Jablecki (yachting Director)
Start Date: Monday, June 17, 2013
The Boulevard Club is seeking Sail Canada certified CANSail 1 and 2 Instructors for the 2013 sailing season.
About the Club
The Boulevard Club is Toronto’s only waterfront private sports, recreation and family club. The beautiful lakeside setting is only minutes from downtown, yet beautifully removed from the stress of city life. The Boulevard Club is renowned for its truly exceptional year round sports sections. Members have access to regional golf and ski clubs, plus private club facilities throughout Canada, the United States and Internationally.
The Boulevard Club has a proud heritage on the Toronto waterfront. Since our origin more than one hundred years ago, our members have enjoyed the finest, the most exclusive, yachting and sports facilities in Toronto.
The club offers instruction in Sail Canada’s new CANSail dinghy program. Our program is taught in 2 and 4 weeks blocks, using Optimists and 420’s.
We are looking to hire five CANSail 1/2 instructors, for the 2013 season. Uniforms will be provided as well as FREE LUNCH every working day.
Vehicle parking is not available
Racing during the season is both encouraged and supported including our Club Tuesday Night races.
As a minimum, our preferred candidates will:
- Be available from June17thto August 30th, 2013
- Be able to certify Sail Canada CANSail 1 and 2
- Toronto Harbour License
- VHF Maritime Operators License
- Be able to demonstrate up-to-date Sail Canada prerequisites before the commencement date
- Be able to make minor fiberglass repairs
- Be enthusiastic, professional under pressure, and show a true passion for progressing in the sport
End of year there may be a performance bonus
40 hrs per week
30 minute break for lunch
general hours Monday – Friday, 8am – 4:30pm
We will give special consideration to candidates who also:
- Are active racers (keelboats, skiffs,board-sails or dinghies)
- Have taught at least two seasons and/or have completed High School
- Are able to take on major boat repairs (beyond simple holes and scratches)
Please submit your resume before April 30, 2013 to Dominik Jablecki (Yachting Director)
We will only contact considered applicants to schedule an interview.