Instructor and Coach Job Postings
Click here to submit your employment opportunity to the Job Posting webpage. Job postings are to be emailed in a word document and should include the position start date.
The Disabled Sailing Association of British Columbia - Assistant Instructor
The Disabled Sailing Association of British Columbia
Victoria, British Columbia
Start Date: Monday, June 09, 2014
Assistant Instructor – Application deadline March 10, 2014
Under the overall supervision of the Board of Directors of the Disabled Sailing Association
of B.C., Victoria Branch (D.S.A.B.C., Victoria), and under the general supervision of the
Executive Director of Recreation Integration Victoria (R.I.V.) and the specific direction of
the Coordinator of Services of R.I.V. develops and operates a sailing program for people
with disabilities according to generally accepted standards for Canadian Sailing Schools
while leading and working as an effective member of the team.
1. Provides professional sailing instruction to students with disabilities to accepted
standards of practice for professional sailing schools in Canada, while role modelling
excellent seamanship at all times.
2. Develops and implements lesson plans.
3. Maintains D.S.A.B.C., Victoria boats and equipment as assigned by the Head Instructor.
4. Assists with the training, scheduling and supervision of D.S.A.B.C., Victoria volunters.
5. Maintains records and completes administrative requirements.
6. Performs duties in accordance with the approved policies and procedure of Recreation
Integration Victoria and the D.S.A.B.C., Victoria
7. Other related duties as required.
1. Current CANSail 1 & 2
2. Current Standard 1st Aid and C.P.R.
3. Class IV driver’s license
4. Training and/ or experience working with people with disabilities
5. Good communication and organizational skills.
6. Physical ability to safely perform lifts and transfers of people with disabilities in
accordance with accepted procedures.
7. Ability to work as an effective member of the team.
Wage: $14.79/hour. 12 weeks, 37.5 hour week. Tuesday- Saturday
Start Date: June 9, 2014. End Date: August 30, 2014
For more information or to submit a resume and cover letter, please email
or call Recreation Integration Victoria at 250-477-6314.