CYA Job Postings
Click here to submit your employment opportunity to the CYA Job Posting webpage. Job postings are to be emailed in a word document and should include the position start date.
The Boulevard Club - Adult Sailing Program Manager
The Boulevard Club
Dominik Jablecki (Yachting Director)
Start Date: Wednesday, December 31, 1969
Job Title: Adult Sailing Program Manager
Reporting to: Yachting Director
Job Design: Part Time Evenings and Weekends
Session 1 Session 2 Session 3
May 23, 25, 26 June 13, 15, 16 September 12, 14, 15
May 30, June 1, 2 June 20, 22, 23 September 19, 21, 22
The Boulevard Club is looking for a qualified instructor and someone with proven ability to manage a program. This is a great opportunity for someone who is entrepreneurial and has a good vision in growing the program in the future.
- Manage the adult Learn to Sail Program and coordinate with the Yachting Director
- Provide high quality sailing coaching and Learn to Sail Program Management
- Promote, advertise and coordinate the Adult Learn to Sail Program
- Be available on all the dates specified above
- Possess a valid Toronto Harbour License, P.C.O.C. card and a V.H.F. Radio Operator’s License.
- Experience in managing a sailing program and instructing sailing
- Possess Sail Canada Qualifications to certify up to CANSail 4
- Able to speak, read and write fluent English.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word or equivalent programs
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitor student/instructor interaction to determine if appropriate teaching methods are being used.
- Comply with all on and off water safety procedures and regulations of the Toronto Port Authority, Coast Guard and the Boulevard Club.
- Report all health and safety concerns, hazards or suggestions promptly to the Yachting Director.
- Inspect boats and equipment daily advising the Yachting Director if repairs are required or if any equipment should be replaced.
- Interact with students, advising them of progress and discuss any issues of concern regarding the sailing programs. Brief the Yachting Director on any significant concerns.
- Report all injuries by completing an “Incident Report” form and promptly advise the Yachting Director.
- Organize lesson plans according to CANSail program objectives
- Complete all other reasonable tasks or duties assigned by the Yachting Director
Health and Safety Roles and Responsibilities:
- Supervisors must perform or adhere to the following:
- Perform work place inspections
- Conduct incident investigations
- Conduct fleet inspections
- Correct substandard acts or conditions
We will give special consideration to candidates who also:
- Having experience in Management
- Are active racers (keelboats, skiffs,board-sails or dinghies)
- Are able to take on major boat repairs (beyond simple holes and scratches)