jeudi, le 02 juin, 2011
CYA seeks Coach to Lead YOTS training at 2011 Sail East
The CYA is seeking Coach to appoint as Leader of Youth Olympic Training Seminar (YOTS) before and during CYA Sail East with U17 Championships (August 4-7 2011, Shediac Bay Yacht Club, NB).
Eligible Coaches are:
1) Registered with the CYA for 2011
2) NCCP certififed at Level 3 or higher
3) Hold experience in Teaching and Training children in the Optimist Dinghy & / or race development to children and youth
4) Recognized by peers, employers and parent groups as a coach who aims to keep the learning experience fun.
Bilingualism in French and English is an asset.
The leadership being provided is to be appropriate to two groups of sailors:
1) Sailors aged 8-12 in the Opti class, in the Learn to Sail Fast! Stage of development in the Long Term Sailor Development (LTSD) framework
2) Sailors aged 13-16 in the Opti, Laser 4.7, Laser Radial and 420 classes, in the Learn To Train Stage of development of the LTSD
The CYA Appointed Coach will:
1) Pre-championship - Support Coaching to sailors without a Coach;
2) Pre-championship - As needed - offer guidance to the coaching activities of the Training Groups / Teams, and provide mentorship as appropriate to the Coaches of Teams / Training Groups
3) Pre-championship and during championship – Mentor to selected Apprentice Coach, selected according CYA Apprentice Coach Mentorship Program
4) During Championship – Observe Sailor, Coach and Official Activity on courses, providing age & stage-appropriate de-brief session in manner similar to that provided at traditional Youth Worlds’ events. The Apprentice Coach will execute a role to assist the CYA Appointed Coach in collecting data for the days’ debrief sessions.
Coaches are asked to submit expression of interest (EOI) in taking the role of CYA appointed Coach at the 2011 Sail East event.
EOI to include Sail Coaching CV, CANSail #, references, and indication of experience with engaging children in learning sailing, racing and sport.
Submit EOI to CYA Training and Competitions Manager at the CYA office no later than Friday June 10th 2011.