Friday, October 04, 2013
It is with pleasure that we invite all members in good standing to the
2013 Sail Canada Annual General Meeting (AGM)
The AGM will be held at the Delta Centre-Ville, Montréal, Québec, 777 University Street H3C 3Z7 on Saturday, October 26, 2013 at 9:00am EDT. AGM registration commences at 8:00am on the 26th.
Click here for information about the 2013 Sail Canada AGM and Conference; October 25-26.
Please take notice of the following purposes of the meeting that represent the draft agenda:
1. To receive and if thought fit, to adopt the minutes of the Annual General Meeting of members held on October 27, 2012 in Halifax, Nova Scotia.
2. To receive the report of the Board of Directors
3. To receive the reports from the Provincial Sailing Associations
4. To consider and if thought fit, approve the following Notice of Motion - Special Resolution*:
a) To authorize and direct the directors of Sail Canada / Voile Canada (the “Association”) to make an application under section 297 of the Canada Not-for-profit Corporations Act (the “NFP Act”) to the Director appointed under the NFP Act for a Certificate of Continuance of the Association;
b) To approve the Articles of Continuance (transition) of the Association;
c) To amend By-laws (affecting the Articles of Continuance) as described in Annex A;
d) To authorize any one of the officers and directors of the Association to take all such actions and execute and deliver all such documentation, including Articles of Continuance (transition) and the notice of registered office and of directors in the forms fixed by the Directors, which are necessary or desirable for the implementation of this resolution.
5. To receive the Report of the Audit Committee, to consider and if thought fit, approve the audited financial statements for the year ended March 31, 2013; and to appoint the Association’s auditors for the year ending March 31, 2014.
6. To receive the Report of Nominating Committee and to elect members to the Board of Directors
* The NFP Act requires that the articles of continuance be approved by a special resolution of the members, i.e. passed by at least two-thirds of the votes cast at a meeting.
According to Sail Canada Bylaw 8.10 b), Sail Canada members in good standing have the right to vote by proxy. For a proxy to be valid, the completed 2013 Proxy Form must be received in the Sail Canada office by mail or fax no later than October 22nd, 2013, submitted in person at the conference registration desk on Friday October 25tth, or delivered to the AGM registration desk on October 26, 2013.
Consistent with Bylaw 8.3, 8.8 and 8.13, documents and other supporting information related to the notice of motion and other resolutions are available by clicking on the related hyperlinks.