Friday, August 03, 2012
Sailing Officials needed - Sherbrooke Games - 2013
The Canadian Yachting Association is currently seeking Expressions of Interest (EOI) from qualified persons to play technical role in the delivery of the Sailing event at the 2013 Canada Games. The Sailing event itself will take place August 2-9 2013 out of the Club nautique du Petit Lac Magog.
The following positions are being appointed by the CYA:
- Judges (Jury will be made up of 6 Judges, CYA certified at minimum Regional Judge level with representation from each of Western, Central and Atlantic Canada)
- Race Management Officers (up to 20 positions to be appointed for roles as PRO, Course Race Officers, Mark Set & Line Boat Officials, Race Committee)
- Measurers (2 needed)
- Safety (On-water - 6 persons needed)
- Jury Secretary (must be bilingual in English and French)
The CYA, in partnership with the Canada Games Council, will be diligent in building capacity for sailing event delivery in this Central region of Canada. The positions will be appointed based on qualifications, experience and proximity to Sherbrooke, QC.
Any persons interested in being appointed to carry out official role at these Games please submit EOI to the CYA office by August 24th 2012.
EOI to include:
- Which role(s) you would like to be considered for
- Your language capabilities (English only, French only or bilingual in both English and French)
- Official qualifications held relative to the role(s)
- CV outlining experiences held relative to the role(s)
Questions? Contact Sarah at the CYA office.